| 0 comments ]

Has Lil' Wayne lost it?  Well some of you right now must be thinking... "What is this guy smoking, Wayne is probably the hottest rapper out there."  Sad fact of the matter is, I am not joking one bit...

You see, every rapper is trying to get to that, "limelight" position in their careers.  Weezy has gotten there, but once you get there, there is a jump off point in which you can only go down.  Now I am not saying that Birdman Jr. is currently at that stage in his career, but I really want to know what's up with him.  The first two singles off the album have been crap.  And to be honest, if you are one of those people that found "Lollipop" a solid "Club Song," then you really need to find yourself a new place to hang on your Saturday nights.  If you are one of the people who thought that, "A Milli" was a solid, "Street Song," then you too should probably go out on the streets and give it a listen.  The first two singles to drop off of Wayne's up and coming Tha Carter III have been some of the worst display of Wayne tracks I have ever heard.  Generally, I am down with what Mr. Carter does, so long as it is a bit understandable, and has a good beat.  I will pretty much listen to any music, so long as it doesn't stink... These past two tracks off the album have utterly turned me off to Wayne's upcoming album.  I don't really know what it is!  Is it that he released the original album under the E.P. The Leak?  Or is it that he has just lost his touch?  The truth is, I really don't know.

Wayne has always been in that spotlight, loved by his fans, adored by many, and respected around the globe.  I am sure there are those out there who are the loyal Weezy fans, and thought his first two singles were hot stuff, mainly because it was new Lil' Wayne music, and you were eager to give it a listen.  To be honest with all of you who are like that, be honest with yourself, and with the song.  If you can give me, and point out any positives off his first two singles, maybe you could change my mind.  As of right now, the looks of me buying the Lil' Wayne album are looking slim to none, and Slim just left town.  The guy is really hyped up, not that I am saying he isn't a good musician, but in general, Lil' Wayne is one of the most hyped up artists in the music industry today.  So here is why I decided to write this post, and tell you all what I truly think about the first two singles off The Carter III.

So here is what truly caused this post...
  1. I am sick and tired of hearing radio stations play Lil' Wayne singles when they truly are terrible.  The only reason that these past two singles have been considered good is because the person singing them is, "Lil' Wayne."
  2. If I hear one more person tell me that Wayne's up and coming album is going to be the bomb-diggity, I am going to flip.  The guy says the same things over and over again, and he can't even be understood in any of his songs.  I generally am alright with his music, but none of these singles show any signs of the upcoming album being any good.
  3. My last and final reason is simply that there has not been one single sign of solid music coming out of Wayne in a while now.  If I was a big Wayne fan, I would be worried about this...
So there you have it, my reasons for not liking Mr. Carter's up and coming album, and why I think his singles are so bad, and also, why he should not be as hyped up as he is...

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment