| 1 comments ]


So we finally heard back from Nyasha, there was some problems with our communications, but we worked it out, and I am glad to present you with her music and information.  As I had stated before, Nyasha is now the second person to be promoted on my blog, and it is great to have her and J. Dollaz aboard!  If you are looking to get promoted, just check out what you need to do in order for us to support you and that is pretty much it.  So with out further a due, I would like to introduce you all to Nyasha Shani. 

"Everybody’s talking. . . 

Combine equal parts your grandmother’s heeding wisdom and mischievous charm. Add a cup of beauty and a dash of and sex appeal. The result is singer/songwriter Nyasha Shani (knee-asha sha-knee), a young woman poised to lead a new generation in the R&B/Soul genre.

Originally hailing from Baltimore, Maryland, Nyasha was bitten early by the music bug. Her parents, both working professionals, saw the benefit in raising a well-rounded child and pushed Nyasha into music. She began her music career with the drums and woodwinds, before settling on the piano. However, since belting out Lionel Richie’s famed “Sela” at the tender age of three, Nyasha made it evident that her heart belonged to song.

“Music has always been my first love; but to be quite honest, I absolutely hated practicing!” she smirks in her East Coast-Midwest mélange accent. “Instead, I would spend countless hours listening to the radio, perfecting my ear, and turning every inch of my house into my own personal stage.”

Nyasha progressed from the piano and began studying voice in high school. During her high school years, she furthered her career development through various local performances and talent shows. A jazz-trained songstress with an honors Music degree from Wesleyan University, focused her collegiate years to studying the history of black musics.

“I have many inspirations, musically. I love the era of jazz- the Billies and Louie’s- for their musicality and innovation; but I also love that bass-driven Down South hip-hop. My tastes vary depending on my mood, but I can’t deny, though, that I’m a sucker for the Quiet Storm hour. Nothing else can set the mood for me better than a good love song.”

Nyasha has spent the past five years perfecting her talents in composition, arranging, and performance. She has been seen performing in various shows throughout Connecticut and New York, including participation in the ASCAP Make Music New York series. In addition to her musical talents, Nyasha has spent years crafting her penmanship. Since writing her first pieces at the age of nine, she has written and arranged over 150 compositions and songs. With the Ninas, Dinahs Whitneys, Janets and Lauryns as her guides, Nyasha Shani is building her reputation as a strong songwriter, quickly attracting attention for her talents.

“When it comes to my writing, I draw inspiration from everything around me- the couple arguing about being pregnant again, a lover accepting the end of a relationship, or a woman who refuses to be tamed. Everything sparks an idea in my mind and the uniqueness of my craft lies in my perspective and word play. Can’t nobody tell a story like me.”

The preface of Nyasha Shani’s career has been written; however, her journey is not complete."

If you want to give Nyasha's stuff a listen, here are the links to her tracks in which she has sent me...



Thats all for now, check out those tracks and let us know what you all think of Nyasha Shani!

Print this post

1 comments

Piano Lessons said... @ July 5, 2011 at 5:30 AM

I'm sure the piano lessons and voice lessons that Nyasha took really did help her becoming a good artist. Her talent will make her go to places.

Post a Comment