| 1 comments ]

So this is something I have personally noticed more in this years election then in any other, how music music (and the stars of music) play such a big role in supporting candidates.  Just recently, I was surfing google, just looking to see what has been going on in the world around us today.  As I kept surfing around on the web, I came across a political music video based off of Senator Obama's speech from New Hampshire.  It is not just the speech that was so good, but the music video features many musicians and actors in favor for Obama.  I think it is great to see those musicians take their sides, and support their candidates.  

It is not just in this music video that there have been shout outs to politicians.  In Common's song, "The People," (off of Finding Forever) there is a line about Obama talking to the people of America.  In Talib Kweli's song entitled, "Say Something," off of Ear Drum also gives a shout out to Obama.  I think that what Will.I.Am did by setting up this music video will not only encourage teens and young adults to vote and get interested in politics, (unlike P. Diddy's failed attempt to do so with, "Vote or Die"). Check out the music video below, and let me know what you think about it!  Definitely influential, and makes me personally want to get involved (even though I cannot).  I fully agree with what Will.I.Am and many other musicians are trying to do, and whether you are a a Republican, Democrat, or an Independent voter, make sure to voice your opinion in this upcoming election!

Barack Obama's Speech In N.H.


"Yes We Can" Music Video:

Featured In The Music Video: Jesse Dylan, Will.i.am, Common, Scarlett Johansson, Tatyana Ali, John Legend, Herbie Hancock, Kate Walsh, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Adam Rodriquez, Kelly Hu, Adam Rodriquez, Amber Valetta, Eric Balfour, Aisha Tyler, Nicole Scherzinger and Nick Cannon.

"Critical To Get Political" - Ron Paul Music Video:

I am sure you all have heard of Bruce Springsteen, and how supportive of America he really is. His music is patriotic, and can be seen as a form of I guess nationalism in the U.S.  He performed a live concert in which he spoke out against the bad parts of life in America.  The song is called, "Living in the Future," but has to do with America and life today.  Check it out and give it a listen!


While Ron Paul and Obama seem to have rather great support through their fans and music, Hilary Clinton may be lacking...Not that it is a bad thing, but check out her, "music video" if you can even call it that...


*Note: All Videos Posted Are Not Official Music Video (Except For Springsteen's Live Concert), All Were Made By Fans

Print this post

1 comments

Music School said... @ June 22, 2011 at 11:32 PM

But I do hope music won't be part of anything bad with the dirty politics. It's not wrong for those musicians be part in the campaign of the candidates but I do hope that the one they support is really a good choice and will not ruin their reputation.

Post a Comment