| 0 comments ]

It's been a while since I've come at you with a "Hottest Trax You've Never Heard", so I thought it was about time to introduce you to one of my favorite indie bands: Tally Hall.  Well, maybe they're no so indie any more, they actually recently signed to Atlantic Records (Congrats guys!), but in my mind they will always be the sweet indie band of guys that wear cool ties and sound like heaven on a CD.

Tally Hall was formed in December in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and they've been truckin' ever since.  It's a shame that more people don't know about them, but Rob (yellow), Zubin (blue), Ross (grey), Joe (red), and Andrew (green) have a lot going for them in terms of musical ability.

The first time I heard of these guys was when I was at camp a few years ago, and the older kids would blast their best known song/rap "Welcome To Tally Hall".  I was instantly hooked, and picked up their album Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum.  The funny thing about this band is that Tally Hall is the name of an indoor shopping plaza in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum is an arcade there (sadly it is all that remains of the plaza).  Ask SoSickWitItYo about it, he actually knows where it is!

If that history weren't enough for you guys, I wanted to finally introduce the track.  This week's "Hottest Trax You've Never Heard" is Tally Hall's Greener.  I've been listening to this track for a few weeks on repeat, and I still can't tell you what this song is really about.  It's just one of those songs that I love to listen to because of the soothing rhythms and meaningful lyrics.  Hit up that link on YouTube, and check it out.  You won't regret it!

Support The Artist!

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment