| 0 comments ]

Three years later, and we have finally gotten word that there will be a new Death Cab for Cutie album coming out May 13th, 2008 (Subject To Change).  Their last release entitled, "Plans" was a huge success, and was my favorite album at the time.   I have known Death Cab for Cutie's music for a long time, thanks to the local used music shop I have stopped into every now and then.  I had picked up all their past works from before "Plans" and really liked what I was listening to.  They have a sweet, mellow, and soft touch to their songs.  If you are someone who has never heard of the band, or likes mellow and calming music, go pick up a copy of "Plans," and see if you can find any of their past musical works.  From what we understand, the album will not follow all of DCFC (Death Cab for Cutie) protocols, and they have been quoted by saying that this album would throw a, "curve ball."  For whatever that may mean, I do not know, but I truly cannot wait for their 2008 release, it is sure to be great!  Check out their other tracks from past works and see how you like them, and if you do, then let us know!

"Narrow Stairs" Supposed Track Listing: (Subject To Change)
"Bixby Canyon Bridge" 
"I Will Possess Your Heart"
"No Sunlight"
"Cath"
"Talking Bird"
"You Can Do Better Than Me (But I Can't Do Better Than You)"
"Grapevine Fires"
"Your New Twin Size Bed"
"The Remainder"
"Pity and Fear"
"The Ice Is Getting Thinner"

NOTE: Intro Track, "Bixby Canyon Bridge" Is Rumored To Be Nine Minutes Long, & The First Single Is Rumored To Be, "I Will Possess Your Heart"

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment