| 1 comments ]

As I am sure we have reported earlier, there will be an upcoming album for Death Cab for Cutie entitled, Narrow Stairs.  The album will be Death Cab's sixth release, and is due out on disc May 13th, 2008.  The album as reported earlier, is not going to have the same exact style as the last ones.  The band said they would change it up, and make it interesting.  The first single off the album is entitled, "I Will Possess Your Heart," which is now being played on the radio, and can be bought off of iTunes.  The song has a radio edited version due to its long length in time (eight minutes, thirty-five seconds).

Overall, the general report from those out there who have reviewed the album say it is going to be a good one.  The album will feature eleven tracks, and the album art is posted above.  As reported before, the first track off the album, "Bixby Canyon Bridge" is nine minutes long. From what I have listened to, there is a for sure different sound in music (only listened to the released single), but I like it.  This album will for sure be a good one, and I cannot wait to hear more about it in the coming month!  Check out Death Cab's first single off of Narrow Stairs below and let me know what you think!

"I Will Possess Your Heart" Single Review:
Death Cab's new single is much different then what most are probably used to.  The song is also much longer than what most songs are (especially for singles).  I personally enjoy the song a lot, and while people may think that the sound to it is different, I don't really see much of a difference at all.  Still the same mellow beat, same soothing voice singing, the only thing different is that the tempo in this song is a bit faster then their past albums/songs.  Overall, I really enjoyed the single, and you should for sure check it out and let me know what you think about it!

Track Listing:
"Bixby Canyon Bridge"
"I Will Possess Your Heart" (8.9 out of 10)
"No Sunlight"
"Cath..."
"Talking Bird"
"You Can Do Better than Me"
"Grapevine Fires"
"Your New Twin Size Bed"
"Long Division"
"Pity and Fear"
"The Ice is Getting Thinner"

"I Will Possess Your Heart (Album Version, 8:35)" 
The Picture In The Video Above Is The Album Art For The Single, "I Will Possess Your Heart."

Print this post

1 comments

Anonymous said... @ May 14, 2008 at 5:53 PM

I was disappointed by the album - not enough risks taken. I was hoping for a little more daring by Gibbard and Co. Still a good album.

Post a Comment