| 0 comments ]

I am a man of many different tastes.  Whether we are talking about music, food, or anything else, I always like a variety.  You all pretty much know me as the R&B/Hip-Hop & Rap type of guy, but that truly is not the case.  In fact, I have never been to a concert for any of those genres before.  What you may not know me so much for is that I truly love Rock and Pop, and so many other different genres of music.  So when a friend of mine offered me the opportunity to go see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers live, I did what any sane teenager who loved music would do.  I gladly accepted the tickets, and the next thing I knew, I was on my way to the concert!

Little do you all know, but this was not my first Rock concert.  This past year, I had seen Neil Young live, with his wife (who is not such a great opening act and definitely not worth going to see...).  The concert was pretty good, but nothing compared to Mr. Petty's.  My first concert ever was about two years ago, and it was one that I will truly remember for the rest of my life.  I went to see Clapton live.  When I found out I was going, I couldn't control myself, and the whole week was pretty much a waste because all I could think of was seeing Clapton.  While both Clapton and Young were great, neither of them had as great of stage presence and performance as the great Tom Petty.  His tour just started, so if you like Rock music, and get a chance to see Tom Petty live, be sure to do that!  Oh, and the opening act was really awesome, he had Steve Winwood open the show, and I hope to see him when he goes on tour.

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment