| 0 comments ]


Mixtape Rating: A

Mick Boogie returns with another smash hit Mixtape.  Following his unreal release of Viva La Hova, He comes back with 1988 a sort of 80's rap beat style compiled on the critically acclaimed tracks of the ever-so-popular Adele.  She has hit the scene just this year, and made a pretty big splash, and she is up for four Grammy's so she is clearly amazing to begin with!  Boogie's assembled team really do their thing on this one, and the mixtape turned out to be straight fire.  The album artwork is also pretty neat, and appeasing to the eyes.  I love how they got "1988" in with her name.  

The mixtape is one of the better ones that I have heard in which someone takes a hit album and mixes it to perfection.  Viva La Hova truly was unreal, and when I heard Mick Boogie was going to do the same with the grammy nominated Adele's 19, I had to get my hands on it.  The mashed up album features some interesting beats, some stuff I was not really expecting.  The stuff that Boogie does is just unreal.  His ability to place beats and lay over music onto rock and alternative tracks is just spectacular, something you won't see from many DJ's out there.  Boogie did an unreal job assembling a team to lay over beats for each of the tracks on the mixtape, and the remarkable thing about the mixtape is that each set of beats is fitting for each of the tracks.  I am truly dumbfounded as to how they do it, but they find a way to, and the tracks end up turning out amazing!  Check out 1988 created by Mick Boogie and his mashup mixing team!

Track Listing:
1. Chasing 1988: The Intro (Feat. 6th Sense)
2. Day Dreams (nVMe Remix)
3. Tired (6th Sense Remix)
4. First Love (Remot Remix Feat. Naledge)
5. My Same (Garbs Infinite Remix)
6. Melt My Heart To Stone (Kickdrums Remix Feat. Big Pooh)
7. Cold Shoulder (Garbs Infinite Remix)
8. Right As Rain (nVMe Remix)
9. Make You Feel My Love (Remot Remix)



Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment