| 0 comments ]

Alright, well that was a very broad statement, but whichever UK source leaked out information on Kanye hanging up the mic, you guys suck.  How can the press do such a thing like reporting stories that aren't even real.  Yeezy apparently isn't hanging up the mic, and on his blog, he was very adamant about it.  Heck, I would be pissed if some newspaper decided that they were just going to announce that I was retiring from a profession.  As I said before, I support Ye' 110% and if he chose to retire tomorrow, I would accept that.  The great news for everyone is that Ye' is not retiring, and Mr. West will continue to be doing Hip-Hop/Rap in the future.  The fact that this rumor got all the way into XXL Magazine is beyond me, people really need to validate their sources before they do all this crap.

Off of Kanye's Blog:
"I'M NOT DOING CLOTHING WITH WET SEAL... I JUST READ THAT SOMEWHERE AND WANTED TO DISPEL THAT. OH AND I NEVER SAID, 'HIP HOP IS OVER!' I PERFORM HIP HOP EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE. SOME PAPER OUT OF THE UK RAN THAT AS A QUOTE. IM IN NEW ZEALAND AND PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING ME ABOUT IT. I SAID, 'I DON'T LISTEN TO RAP IN MY APT.' I ACTUALLY HAVE A NEW RAP CD TO PLAY IN MY APT.... THE Q-TIP CD GETS PLAY IN MY APT.... WELL I MEAN WHEN I GET OFF TOUR IT WILL GET PLAY.... BEING THAT I'VE DONE A HUNDRED SHOWS THIS YEAR. YO BOTTOM LINE IS I WORK. I WORK TO DEATH AND PEOPLE TRY TO FIND NEGATIVITY IN THE POSITIVE ENERGY I PUT OUT. THE ALMOST SUPERHUMAN AMOUNT OF WORK I PUT OUT. SIDEBAR: PEOPLE REALLY HAVE THERE FEATHERS RUFFLED ABOUT THIS ALBUM DON'T THEY?........................................................ GOOD!"

Mr. West has had some major news stories in the past couple of weeks, and I think that the press needs to give the guy some space.  He is a human being, and while he may seem like a martian due to his unbelievable music, he needs to be treated with respect.  The thing about today's paparazzi is that they dress like fans, and it is not illegal for a fan to photo a celeb.  The thing here is that people are doing this type of stuff without the musicians or actors consent.  The sad thing is that they are not photographing these people because they enjoy it, they are looking for that "million dollar shot" that probably won't come by taking a picture of Yeezy walking down the street.  So they try to maybe put a road block in his way, see how he will react to a camera in the face.  If you think of it, the paparazzi could be considered like a rapist.  NO MEANS NO... If a musician says no, then you don't take a photo of them.  You need to have consent from the other person.  How would you feel if I just walked up to you and took your picture without your permission.  No biggie, right?  WRONG, try having that happen to you numerous times throughout the span of a week.  Gets pretty annoying, no?

Anyway, this post wasn't for me to hate on the press (really it is just that clumsy UK source that has me riled up, and stupid paps for not knowing their place in the world).  Ye' is not hanging up the mic, so for all you doubters or haters out there, there is more Kanye coming to you in the future.  So be sure to check back here later for more Yeezy news!

MORE YEEZY NEWS TO COME IN THE FUTURE!!! 
Sorry False Ye' Post Yesterday, No Need For Alarm!!!

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment