| 0 comments ]

It's something special when technology advances, but I think that all those gamers and technology geeks out there are going to be having their minds blown (probably the first thing that is going to get blown for them, just kidding) with the announcement that there will be a DJ'ing segment/game added to the Guitar Hero series.  Now let's think about this for just about one second; is this just going to be another Guitar Hero'esque game, or are we dealing with something way cooler!?  On top of that, the news is that both hip-hop/rap legends Jay-Z and Eminem are teaming up and giving some of their material to the game.  It was epic enough for them to make the original Guitar Hero, but this is just something special!

Now wait a minute... This could actually suck.  I mean if we think realistically about this, how hi-tech and tech savvy are the creators of Guitar Hero going to get with this.  Is the turn table actually going to turn!?  There is no confirmed schematics (that I have come across) for the turntable that will be provided upon buying this epic game.  Let me put it this way, the game is either going to flop because it will be too hard, to easy, or too simple.  They need to be very careful in deciding the look for the turntable, and the difficulty of the game.  It can't just be a three button turntable and the wheel doesn't move (as depicted to your left), and at the same time, it can't be as complicated and crazy (as depicted below).  Anyway, it is up to you to decide whether or not this game will be "epic", stellar, or just downright dumb... I mean I am hoping that with the creative genius of Eminem and Jay-Z, the game will be just straight up dope...  

The More Advance Version... NOTE: IT LOOKS PRETTY FAKE!!!


Some Comments Made On The Upcoming Game:
"an extension of what we do. I put out a cappella versions of my albums because I encourage mashups and this sort of thing. When I put out an a cappella version of The Black Album (in 2003), The Grey Album (a mashup of Jay-Z's lyrics with The Beatles' White Album) was created by (DJ) Danger Mouse and there was this whole phenomenon on the Internet. That is pretty much how I feel. It's a natural integration and blending of cultures and sounds and genres. I always encourage that. … It's not I want to be in the video game business. I want to be in the business that does that." - Jay-Z on the upcoming game and why he releases A Capella albums
"after seeing what Activision did with Guitar Hero and how innovative and successful that was in combining music and great game play, I felt comfortable with working with them. They are as passionate about video games as I am about music, and we both also really enjoy the other's field of work. I'm an old school classic video game fanatic, I have an entire arcade at my studio. ... I am actually pretty obsessed with the classics like Ms. Pac Man and Donkey Kong. But I have a Playstation, Xbox and a Wii also. Remember, I've got kids at home - so I'm always up for a challenge on whatever games they think they can whup me at." - Eminem on why he got involved with the game
What Will Be Featured On The Game?
The complete list of tracks the rappers are providing is still being worked out. Jay-Z plans on including Izzo (H.O.V.A.) and Dirt Off Your Shoulder for sure. Also possible: tracks from his in-the-works Blueprint 3 album. “I have a ton of content, I just need the pipeline,” he says. “I love the freedom of (DJ Hero). I could wake up tomorrow morning with the idea for a song and call the guys at Activision and start working on getting it out.”

Eminem is more cryptic about his contributions. “I don’t want to give away any surprises yet,” he says in an e-mail interview. “DJ Hero will include my music, and I’ll be providing additional material as downloadable content by the end of the year.”

Players use the features on the game’s controller — a rotating record platter, sampling buttons, an effects dial and a cross fader — to match streams of song tracks, create effects and add personal touches to score points.

“You actually get lost doing it,” says Jay-Z, who has played the game. It creates “a DJ’s universe,” he says.

In addition to single-DJ action, two players can compete or play cooperatively. Special mixes will let players use the Guitar Hero controller. The game spans hip-hop, electronica, R&B, soul and pop/rock with songs by 50 Cent, Beastie Boys, KRS-One, Blondie, N.E.R.D., Gorillaz and David Bowie. Superstar DJs such as DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip and DJ AM will contribute, too.

“You are going to get over 100 songs from 80 artists and 80 brand-new mixes that have never been heard before, including one with Eminem and Jay-Z (together),” says Guitar Hero president and CEO Dan Rosensweig.

“This is a game I can see myself actually playing,” Eminem says. “DJ’ing is fundamental to rap music, so it’s a great fit.” - From 2DopeBoyz
How The Controller Will Work?
"Players use the features on the game's controller — a rotating record platter, sampling buttons, an effects dial and a cross fader — to match streams of song tracks, create effects and add personal touches to score points." - USA Today
Jay-Z Discussing His Experience With The Controller: "It creates "a DJ's universe"" - USA Today
For More Information, Visit These Site(s):

Compatible With...
XBox
Playstation
Wii

Don't Know If This Is The Real Deal Here, But Here Is The Cover For DJ Hero:

More News & Updates To Come In The Near Future... Be On The Lookout For DJ Hero To Hit Stores THIS SUMMER!!!

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment