| 0 comments ]

I am almost positive that you all have heard Mr. Hamilton's name floating around the internet as of late, whether it was in a positive light, or a negative light, I am sure you've seen it.  There is just so much to cover in this one post, that I think I can safely call this post the one (and hopefully only) Charles Hamilton MEGAPOST!!!  Now this can be good and bad, were going to cover a lot of stuff in this one post, and we will also have some new works for you to listen to.  I gotta say, I love Mr. Hamilton's music, but sometimes he loses me on his choice of words and public comments.  We are going to take a in-depth look at some situations and what has transpired over the past couple of days.

Let's start off with the whole upcoming album uproar that has many Detroit Hip-Hop fans in a hissy!  Recently, Charles the Hamilton has made claims that the upcoming LP that he is putting out will be executively produced by the late (and great) J Dilla.  In case you all are not familiar with J Dilla (and you all should be), he was one of the best musicians to come out of the Michigan area, and he truly changed the face of Hip-Hop, but that is for another post.  Anyway, J Dilla passed away a few years ago, and while he may have had a strong influence on The Sonics upcoming LP release, he did not do any executive work on the LP itself.  Charles Hamilton was quoted saying, “I also wanna thank James Yancey for his guidance in putting this album together. Sound wise, I couldn’t be happier. Again, the album was mastered reel-to-reel/digital-to-digital, and I couldn’t have done the entire process without him being a total jerk about me getting that EXTRA vinyl-ish sound. Thanks Dilla.”  The quote was in response to J. Dilla's name appearing as an executive producer on the upcoming LP release, which has sent many Detroit and J Dilla fans/associates into a complete word war with the young New York emcee.  I can't take this whole interview word for word and put it up on the site, but you all need to check out All Hip Hop's interview with Mr. Hamilton to really get a better understanding of what the whole uproar is about...

Now, many people are really upset over the whole ordeal, and I am going to leave my two cents out of this one, because I really haven't formulated my opinion yet.  I think that Hamilton means well and isn't trying to step on peoples toes, I just don't think that he is going about it the right way, and out of respect for DJ Horse Shoes and other Dilla associates and friends/family, he should re-think what he is going to do.  Check out what Detroit rapper Royce Da 5'9" had to say on the subject matter... "I like Charles, I like Charles a lot. I think he’s definitely is still at that age where he just says things, and that’s where he needs to grow out of just saying stuff. I don’t think a lot of people understand Detriot is a whole other world and we don’t like you talking about our people and the people that are enforcing these things are n*ggas that will kill you. So you know I got that situation under control. I know who to call to make sure that nothing serious will happen to him, but he’s definitely playing with fire. Know what I’m saying. Dilla and Proof n*ggas are very really sensitive about those two deaths."  While he may have Royce's support, he still has a lot of explaining to do, both to his fan base, the Dilla fan base, and Ma Dukes.  Hamilton was heard saying, "Yeah, James Yancey EPd the album. That was my sound consultant. Google it, come back here and doubt it. Ma Dukes, I gotchu."  Only problem with that is the Dilla base is confused and a bit puzzled as to when Dilla had any (or any at all) contact with Charles Hamilton before his death.  I mean, I think it is safe to say that Dilla did not rise from the dead and consult with Charles on the upcoming release, and I am about 80% sure that Hamilton was never close to J Dilla, or ever met the guy personally.  This doesn't mean he can't support the family and support this so called, "Dilla Foundation" that doesn't exist from what I have gathered.  On the contrary, I think that it is great that he is giving a helping hand out to the Dilla family, but at the same time, has Charles Hamilton ever been to Detroit.  Has he ever really experienced the Hip-Hop scene down here!?  This is what I am trying to say... Has Charles Hamilton ever even experienced a part of Detroit, let alone any part of Michigan for that matter!?  On top of that, Detroit great, DJ Horse Shoes pretty much shot C. Hamilton down for the money on Twitter with this response to him, which you can check by CLICKING HERE!!!  Anyway, I am not going to talk this subject to death, I figured that I would post it up, let you all digress on the situation, anyone from Detroit, would love to hear your comments, and anyone who is a Dilla fan, please feel free to comment and leave a response!  Sort of seems like it is Charles Hamilton vs. Detroit, Michigan, should be interesting to see who wins this one.  I am going to go with Detroit, Michigan by a landslide!

On a lighter note, feel free to download three fresh songs (and by fresh, I mean new, not like fresh to death) from Charles Hamilton (does the dude ever sleep, I don't think so...)  He released these three tracks specifically saying that they were a mixtape, as he doesn't call anything he makes a, "mixtape," rather, they are just musical projects.  Check out the three-track musical project below, and get it for free!

"Independent Women" [UserShare] [MediaFire]
"The Awkward Prequel" [UserShare] [MediaFire]
"R******* Confession" [UserShare] [MediaFire]


Check Back Here For More Charles Hamilton News & Your Daily Dose Of Hip-Hop!!!

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment