Print this post
- The stunt that had "Bruno" (Sasha Baron Cohen) landing from mid-air on Eminems face has been reported as being planned and practiced before the awards. Now there was a ton of speculation on the matter, and the whole situation is still being disputed, even with this news. Scott Aukerman, one of the writers for the show wrote on his blog that the whole thing was planned out and scheduled. The suspicious thing is that the blog post has been taken down. Why wouldn't MTV want the public to know that it was planned... WHO REALLY CARES? No one is going to be thinking about the mystery of whether it happened for a reason or not longer than a week after it happens.
- A roadie for Jimi Hendrix is putting out a book which says that the "Red House" singer was murdered by his manager named Michael Jeffrey. This comes as news to many seeing as the verdict was due, "barbiturate intoxication and inhalation of vomit." Well they got one thing write, according to the accusations by the roadie, Mr. Jeffrey (the manager) forced a handful of pills down the rock stars throat. If this is all true, then I am appalled, this Jeffrey guy killed one of the greatest rock musicians of all time! It is truly upsetting to find out that someone murdered such a great musician!
- Eve has been tweeting about her disdain and hate for the R&B, woman beating, Chris Brown. The weird thing is, EVE DOESN'T HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT! Weird huh!? The biggest problem with Twitter and other social networking devices on the internet is that it allows anyone in the world to do whatever they want! I could creat a MySpace saying that I am someone famous, and ultimately say what I think and get recognition by a famous persons fans. What has this world come to! Twitter is taking over the world, and ruining the good names of musicians all over the world. AH! Run for your lives!!!
- Are you a fan of the Snuggie? Yes, that reverse bath robe that is a complete rip off because I already own it. Well Weezer (yes, the rock band) is teaming up with Snuggie to make their own reverse bath robe. “A Wuggie is basically exactly like a Snuggie, except it says Weezer on it. The people at Snuggie are doing it with us and promoting it with us. It’s a totally legit Snuggie,” Cuomo told Rolling Stone. A WUGGIE... seriously, this is now going to scare kids of the Wuggie monster coming and getting them! Who calls something a Wuggie, just call it a freaking Snuggie (or it's proper name, a ROBE) and be down with it! On top of that, who is going to buy a Wuggie, it is going to cost more money than a Snuggie because it has Weezer branded on it, what a waste of money!
- Kanye West is headlining the 'Stay in School' concert. It is about time rappers start fighting for young teens to stay in school and get an education. KanYe West may love his fur clothing, but at least he is fighting for students to stay in school. You know what, if KanYe West believes I should be in school, well then by golly I AM GOING TO SCHOOL! He is the most influential person in the world, remember?
- Thought DJ Hero would be sick? I sure did! Well now I am getting word that the people over at Rock Band are going to be making a new game entitled, The Beatles: Rock Band. The game will allow you to travel through time and be the Beatles. It is any Beatles fans dream, and I can tell you that I will definitely be picking this up and reviewing it. The Beatles are one of my favorite bands of all time!
- Chris Brown (when he is not being an abusive boyfriend) apparently has a country side to him. He may be putting a track out called, "Trapped in a Dream," which he is considering to throw onto his new LP. Rumor has it he may have a Country singer featured on it. "Carrie Underwood or someone like that" is what Robert Allen said (he is a producer/writer and working with CB). I don't think that R&B and Country should mix, there is too much lovey dovey stuff with the genres alone, imagine if the two love bird genres combined! CRAZY! I don't think many women would want to work with CB, what happens if he gets violent. Just playin', I mean he didn't "MEAN" to beat up RiRi, so it's all good.
- Daft Punk is set to work on the soundtrack for the movie Tron 2.0. That soundtrack is going to be out of this... well world! This will mark Daft Punks first full movie score (ever).
- More Yeezy news for you all! KanYe says that Mr. Hudson will be taking over the music industry by storm and compared him to Frank Sinatra... FRANK SINATRA KANYE? Seriously man? Sinatra is a legend, that's like saying Soulja Boy has a deeper meaning and his lyrics are deep and all that crap... OH WAIT, you said that too! I don't know if Mr Hudson will be the next Sinatra, but the dude does make very good music and I think he will be very successful in the music industry (here in the U.S.). I still love you Kanye, but I wouldn't go around saying Mr. Hudson is the next Frank Sinatra, if he is, I don't see it, that's like stadium status to be "like Frank Sinatra". I mean even Mr. Ben Hudson agrees with me: "My first reaction was just to smile and say, 'Yeah, that's typical Kanye, exaggerating.' But maybe I'll prove him to be right." We'll see if he ever reaches Sinatra status, I hope he does, because it would be crazy to have another "Sinatra" like musician in the music industry again.
- Lady Gaga is on crack... and not the good type of crack! She compared The Beatles to the Jonas Brothers. ARE YOU SMOKING DOPE!? I mean you make solid music and have many fans, but come on... THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE NO WHERE NEAR THE BEATLES... NOT EVEN CLOSE, LAY OFF THE CRACK PIPE AND RETRACT THAT STATEMENT!!! ""They were responsible for the birth of the sexual revolution for women," she gushed to Britain's The Daily Star, before adding that the Jonas Brothers are currently the Liverpool legends' equivalent.
She said: "Now we have the Jonas Brothers representing the return of the superfan."" - Yahoo News
- Steve Martin plays the Banjo...? He has put out albums before!? The dude reached 106 on the Billboard 200... Pardon my vulgar language, but WTF. Haha, dude plays banjo, can't say I saw that coming, but oh well! I haven't given it a listen, I am sure he is very skilled in banjo playing though, seems to know what he is doing with acting, so I won't bash him for being a banjo player. Actually, banjo's are pretty freaking sick! I wish I knew how to play one!
Check Back Throughout The Week For More Music News & Music Updates