| 0 comments ]


Today is a truly sad day. Kanye West's mom passed away this morning in a Los Angeles hospital. Today is Veteran's day, and I doubt that it is a coincidence. Kanye is a Veteran (not of a war) in my eyes and his mom should be cast in that same light. It is not confirmed exactly when/how she died, but but the sudden loss is devastating. Dr. Donda West and her son Kanye were extremely close, and this will really hit Kanye hard. She was 58.

On Kanye's Sophomore Album "Late Registration" from 2005, he wrote a song for his mother titled Hey Mama. The Song goes: "(Hey Mama), I wanna scream so loud for you, cuz I'm so proud of you / Let me tell you what I'm about to do, (Hey Mama) / I know I act a fool but, I promise you I'm goin back to school /I appreciate what you allowed for me
I just want you to be proud of me (Hey Mama)".

This song really shows his love for his mom, and to show it he performed the song in front of his mom, live on Oprah. I cannot even begin to feel this loss for his. I would not be surprised if he releases a follow up tribute song soon, and I am sure that it will be breathtaking.

Once again, Kanye I send my love to you and your family. Dr. Donda West, may you Rest in Peace.

Update:
According to MTV.com: "According to multiple sources, West was in Los Angeles and her death may have been the result of complications from a surgical procedure; more specific information was unavailable at press time."

Print this post

0 comments

Post a Comment